Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Prayer Request

Friends of mine are going through a very hard time right now.  I won't share their names, in the interest of privacy.  They have six children; the three youngest were adopted through foster care.  One of the twin boys they adopted has bipolar disorder, and today had to be admitted to an inpatient treatment program.  He's five years old.  

As difficult as this decision was for them, they had to do what was best to get him stabilized, and for the safety of the other children.  I never knew until now that children could even be diagnosed with bipolar disorder, much less that it could be so, so bad.  It seems, from what I've read, that it's even more difficult to treat in children than adults.  

My heart breaks for this family.  Fortunately, they have an amazing support system, and incredible faith that God has a plan and will pull them through this difficult time.  If you believe in the power of prayer, please help me lift up this little guy and his family.  I think they could use all the prayer they can get right now.

1 comment: